IDEXX SDMA Study Citations and Additional Resources
1. Marino CL, Lascelles BD, Vaden SL, Gruen ME, Marks SL. The prevalence and classification of chronic kidney disease in cats randomly selected from four age groups and in cats recruited for degenerative joint disease studies. J Feline Med Surg. 2014;16(6):465–472.
2. Brown SA. Renal dysfunction in small animals. The Merck Veterinary Manual website. www.merckmanuals.com/vet/urinary_system/noninfectious_diseases_ of_the_urinary_system_in_small_animals/renal_dysfunction_in_small_animals.html. Updated October 2013. Accessed January 14, 2015.
3. " Advances in Diagnosing and Staging Chronic Kidney Disease in Dogs and Cats." (n.d.): n. pag. IDEXX. Web. 21 Oct. 2015. https://www.idexx.com/files/small-animal-health/solutions/articles/advances-in-diagnosing-kidney-disease.pdf
4. Kielstein JT, Salpeter SR, Bode-Boeger SM, Cooke JP, Fliser D. Symmetric dimethylarginine (SDMA) as endogenous marker of renal function—a meta-analysis. Nephrol Dial Transplant. 2006;21(9):2446–2451.
5. Lulich JP, Osborne CA, O’Brien TD, Polzin DJ. Feline renal failure: questions, answers, questions. Compend Contin Educ Pract Vet. 1992;14(2):127–153.
6. American Veterinary Medical Association. U.S. Pet Ownership and Demographics Sourcebook. Schaumburg, IL: AVMA; 2012
7. American Veterinary Medical Association. U.S. Pet Ownership and Demographics Sourcebook. Schaumburg, IL: AVMA; 2012.
As the health advocate for your furry family members, be sure to
ask your veterinarian for the SDMA test.
Share This Article
You might also be interested in...
- How Could Early Detection of Kidney Disease with IDEXX SDMA Help My Pet?
- Can IDEXX SDMA Help My Cat or Dog Who Already Has Kidney Disease?
- Kidney Disease In Cats: New IDEXX SDMA Screening Test Can Catch It Months to Years Earlier
- International Renal Interest Society Adds IDEXX SDMA Testing for Early Detection and Treatment
- How Do I Get My Cat Screened for Kidney Disease with IDEXX SDMA?