to Pet Health Network or

Answers from vets about your pet:

Cats Trapped in Burning Garage–Saved by Unlikely Hero

Posted May 12, 2015 in A Pet's Life

Dog looking into camera

While a South Australian family was fast asleep, chaos was erupting from their garage; it caught on fire around 10:30pm (11pm AEST) reported 9NEWS.

it was the family’s Staffordshire Bull Terrier, named Stan, whose barks alerted the family of the fire, saving the lives of the two cats trapped inside. Firefighters quickly responded and were able to free the two cats; they remained uninjured.

With this one heroic act, Stan proved his bravery. He also proved that dog-cat stereotypes are utterly useless. Stan even broke breed stereotypes. While commonly thought of as a more people friendly breed, this Staffordshire would leave no kitty behind. Click here to learn more about the Staffordshire Bull Terrier.

If you have any questions or concerns, you should always visit or call your veterinarian -- they are your best resource to ensure the health and well-being of your pets.

Share This Article

Tori has more than 2 years of experience in the pet health industry and is junior editor of IDEXX’s Pet Health Network team.

Opinions expressed are those of the writer:

The opinions and views expressed in this post are those of the author's and do not necessarily represent the beliefs, policies or positions of all veterinarians, Pet Health Network, IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. or its affiliates and partner companies.