What is the IDEXX SDMA Test and How Might it Help My Cat Live Longer?
The new SDMA test, from IDEXX, is a simple and revolutionary way for veterinarians to screen for and spot early signs of kidney disease in your cat while there is still time to do something about it. Think of testing SDMA like having your own cholesterol tested every year. If the cholesterol is too high, your doctor recommends a lifestyle plan. Likewise, annual SDMA screening is an opportunity for you and your veterinarian to understand your cat’s health more completely. If SDMA levels are elevated, your veterinarian can prescribe a plan that could help preserve your cat’s kidneys.3
If your cat has kidney disease, SDMA can also help your veterinarian determine how advanced the disease is, enabling your cat to get the right treatment plan while there is still time to impact quality of life for the better.3
As the health advocate for your furry family members, be sure to
ask your veterinarian for the IDEXX SDMA test.
Share This Article
You might also be interested in...
- International Renal Interest Society Adds IDEXX SDMA Testing for Early Detection and Treatment
- How Could Early Detection of Kidney Disease with IDEXX SDMA Help My Pet?
- IDEXX SDMA vs. Creatinine: Why Did Kidney Disease Testing Need Improvement?
- Studies Support IDEXX SDMA Testing for Kidney Disease
- What is the IDEXX SDMA Test and How Might it Help My Cat or Dog Live Longer?